100% perfect reproduction of tailpipes used on 1969 Mustang GT with 428 Cobra Jet & Super Cobra Jet Engines, and 1969 Mustang Mach I with 428 Cobra Jet & Super Cobra Jet Engines.
Officially Licensed by Ford and only available through this website.
Prior to Ford's introduction of the 428 Cobra Jet engine in April 1968, dual-exhaust Mustangs were only available with 2-inch diameter exhaust systems. But with the new power-plant also came new exhaust, and for the first time, 428 CJ equiped Mustangs were now available with a new 2.25-inch, better-breathing, exhaust system. And with that change, the tailpipes changed from a 2-piece, clamped-together design, to a one-piece welded-tip design. The new tailpipe design began in 1968 and carried over to 1969.
Offered here for the first time are the correct, fully welded, tailpipes.
Reproduction tailpipe features include:
- Correct 2.25-inch O.D. aluminized tubing...just like the originals
- Tubing seam in same orientation as original pipes
- Factory-correct bends done with tooling that does not crush the pipe as it is bent
- Factory-correct swaging on the ends of the pipe done with tooling that exactly replicates the original factory tooling
- Ford logo and part number stamped in both pipes in same location as original tailpipes
- Rolled-tips welded to tailpipe...just like the originals
Note: Similar tailpipes were used on 1968½ Mustangs (including GT500KR Shelby Mustangs and all Mustangs with 428 Cobra Jet engines). However, they have a different part number stamped on the pipe. To order 100% correct tailpipes for 1968½ Mustangs, click here.